Sunday, June 7, 2009

Red, White & Green: The Many Faces of Spray Paint!

As I looked around my apartment yesterday I realized how many pieces had been transformed by the wonders of spray paint. Here are a few favorites...

Two coats of vibrant red made this chair into a living room focal point.


I can hardly remember how this old hospital table looked before...I have a vague recollection of a poop brown color. Luckily, the enamel top didn't need to be touched. Now it serves us well for additional storage in the bathroom.


A brighter shade of green blends well with the garden while adding a pop of color.

Spray Painting 101:
- Clean the item prior to painting
- Use a spray primer if you are trying to cover a darker color with a lighter one
- Use multiple light coats
- Keep your distance: Don't spray closer than 8 inches
- Look for new cans that can spray from any angle! (Even upside down)

Have fun!

No comments: